The NLAPW’s 51st Biennial Conference will be on April 26-28, 2024 in Columbus, Ohio, hosted by the Central Ohio Branch. The biennial theme, To Create Takes Courage, is inspired by this Georgia O’Keefe quote, “To create one’s world in any of the arts takes courage.” O’Keefe was a celebrated Pen Woman and an iconic creative of her time. We pay homage to her tenacity and courage to find her own creative voice. The Central Ohio Branch invites you to visit the heart of Ohio in Columbus next spring to share your creative voice.
This national event includes stimulating presentations. Nannette Maciejunes, an internationally known [FORMER?] museum director, will be one of the keynote speakers. Guest performers are lined up for the Saturday evening art reception. You will have opportunities to meet and greet other creative members from across the country. At the conference, a special boutique room will offer displays and sales by our sponsors, speakers, and national members.
We hope you will join us!
- Early: Jan. 31, 2024 — Member – $260, Guest – $270
- Regular: Feb. 1-Mar. 31, 2024 — Member – $275, Guest – $285
- One-Day: Member – $125, Guest – $150
Biennial Conference Schedule – click here for the schedule
Hotel & Venues – click here for hotel reservations and more information.
- Westin Great Southern Hotel – this site for biennial presentations, banquet and luncheons is a landmark hotel with an elegant, attached theater. You are welcome to reserve your room at the hotel.
- Columbus Cultural Arts Center – the site for the art exhibition and the Saturday evening reception and music recital. The center is within walking distance from the Westin hotel. It is one of Columbus Ohio’s homes for art exhibitions and art classes.
Sponsors and Grants — click here to learn more.
Many thanks to our sponsors and grant organizations who helped make the biennial possible.